Friday, September 21, 2012

Encaustic Collage



 
This was my very first piece of art work in Art IV Honors. It was done with wax, acrylic paint, and various objects that I brought together to create my theme of time. The hardest part of this, for me, was showing noticeable layers. It took me a while to figure out a method. I added an image transfer of a clock and attached real clock hands to it.In the end I was very happy with the way my layering turned out. I feel like this is one of the best pieces i have done so far. I love the fact that encaustic isn't something we have all done a million times before.

2 comments:

  1. I really liked this piece, and it's my favorite piece of yours this year so far. I think that the multiple layers, which you say you struggled with, are what makes the piece. The fact that the silver leaf looks like it's floating on air and the protruding clock-hands add depth to the work and make it very interesting. I think that a new picture might be in order though, because the leaf in this one looks burnt (?).

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love this one, i think it looks very nice, like the different layers kind of flowed together. I believe u made the layers very obvious.

    ReplyDelete