Wednesday, December 4, 2013

Concentration Number One

Planning
 
 Finished Painting
 

 
Adding Wax

 
Carving Out Circles
 
 
Finished
 
 
 
 
This is the start of my concentration and probably one of my favorite pieces I have made. it is of my mom when she was pregnant with me. if I could magically go back in time the only thing that I would change would be the circles in the background. when I started the project I never planned on putting the shapes in the background. since I decided to add them after I applied the wax I had to carve away the wax, paint the circles, and recover in wax. this created a lot of stray pink paint around the circles. these really bug me and I feel that it brought my craftsmanship down. other than that I am very pleased with the outcome.
 
This one includes: acrylic paint, MDF, and wax.
 
 
Close up of the texture
 
 
 
 

No comments:

Post a Comment